Helpful Tips When Flying With Kids
– Flying with children can be challenging at best of times, but it really doesn’t have to be. Traveling with young children can be fun and adventurous and there is no greater adventure than flying with young kids. Below are some very helpful tried and tested steps to consider when getting ready to fly with kids.
1. If you are traveling with a baby, make sure he/she is thirsty or hungry at take off time so they will drink then. Air pressure from the takeoff could be uncomfortable so the sucking of liquids helps equalize their ears and provides comfort during takeoff and even landing.
2. Some suggest bringing packages of unopened sound (ear) plugs and offer them to the travelers sitting around you. (Not all will accept your offer but at the least your kind gesture will help establish goodwill when the kids are a little too loud for comfort).
4. If your child is under three years of age, bring your car seat on the plane and strap it to the seat as if it were in your car. If the plane is over booked and you don’t have a extra seat, they can check the car seat without a hassle.
5. Travelswithbaby.com is your online guide for renting baby equipment while traveling. No need to pack it and pay for added airline fees due to oversize and over weight baby equipment. Simply rent your baby stuff and have it ready for you at your destination.
6. Bring a light weight and collapsable stroller. The Quinny Zapp stroller is a very travel friendly stroller that collapses small enough to go in the overhead bin (yes, in the overhead bin). Roll I right up to the plane and the best part, most airlines allow you to check your stroller for free!
8. Candies such as lollipops help quite the kids when they are overly excited as it can keep them quite for a while.